Search our website
Want to Join our Club? Simply complete this membership form online. Then print it, and mail it to the Bar Harbor Garden Club.
Follow Us on Facebook
2019 Community Events
- April TBD, Arbor Day Tree Planting
- April 29 thru May 2, NGC 2019 Convention in Biloxi, MS
- May 15, St. Croix District 2019 Meeting. Hosted by Bucksport Garden Club. See details …
- May 27th, Blue Star Marker Ceremony & Wreath Placement, Route 3, Bar Harbor, Time: 11 AM.
- June 3rd thru 9th, National Garden Week.
- June 15th, Wild Gardens of Acadia Plant Sale, St. Savior’s Episcopal Church Cloister, 41 Mt Desert St, Bar Harbor, Time: 9:00 – Noon.
- June 18th thru 19th, GCFM 88th Annual Convention, Village by the Sea Resort, Wells, Maine. Hosted by: Piscataqua District.
- July 4th, BHGC Pie Sale, BH Athletics Field.
- July 20th, BHGC Garden Tour: ‘Fine Island Gardens’, 10 AM – 4 PM. Learn more …
- July 27th, 85th BHGC Anniversary Celebration. Time: 10 AM.
- October 28th & 29th, NGCNER Meeting, Woodstock, VT.
- October 29th, GCFM Fall Conference, Augusta Civic Center.
- November 11th, Blue Star Marker Ceremony & Wreath Placement. Route 3, Bar Harbor, Time: 11 AM.
- November TBD, Christmas Decorating at Woodlawn Museum, 19 Black House Dr., Ellsworth, Maine.
Club Supported Projects
- Beatrix Farrand Garden at Garland Farm
- Blue Star Memorial Marker
- Butterfly Garden at Charlotte Rhodes Park
- Land and Garden Preserve
- SCHOLARSHIPS: Inge Weber Memorial, Nell Goff Memorial, Student Conservation Assoc., The Peter H. Dolliver Legacy
- SCHOOLS: Connors Emerson Elementary, Frenchboro, Mount Desert Elementary, Pemetic Elementary, Trenton Elementary, Tremont Consolidated School, MDI High School
- Mount Desert Historical Heirloom Garden
- Valentine Tray Favors for Local Nursing Homes
- Wild Gardens of Acadia
Book Donations to Local Elementary SchoolsDr. Marc E. Gousse, Superintendent of the Mount Desert Regional School System, accepts copies of “The Saved Seed: A journey Through a Seed's Life” from Pamela Bowie, BHGC Youth Activities Chairperson.